Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nightmares and Dreamscapes  (Read 2108 times)

JoeAconite

• Filly
    • View Profile
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
« on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
Say Equestria suffered a long and terrible torment by Discord ages ago. The Sisters banish him to stone, yet still the Kingdom has suffered an emotional trauma. Each night the pony shut themselves inside, no longer as outgoing due to new fears about the unknown and the dark instilled in them by the chaotic entity.

Luna having the power to touch upon her subject's dreams, enters them, trying to reconnect with her people. And is met with nightmare after nightmare. She trys her best and is making progress, but the darkness of their fears is much to hold. She even disconnects from Celestia from the strain. This leading to her taking on so much of the darkness and evil of nightmares that she herself becomes one.

Nightmare Moon.

Subconsciously becoming something real (and familiar with her temptations and shapeshifting, much like Discord) for them to fear so they no longer have internal imaginary fears to hurt their dreams. But losing herself in a waking nightmare, unable to return to Luna.

Upon being revived by the Elements of Harmony she awakens from, and from being, the Nightmare.

Wollemina

• Crusader
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmares and Dreamscapes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:35 AM »
This actually makes sense :o

I would think there was a long period between discord's reign and Nightmare Moon's rise, but such traumas can linger in the back of one's head for a long time. Maybe one day, long after Discord had been defeated, a certain nightmare made the princess snap.

COLTtheBRONY

• Filly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »
i agree it does make sense. i don't put a lot of thought into this kind of stuff so i never really had my own theory on how nightmare mood was made. if i did it would probably be a lot like this.

326RD

• Filly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
How come I never thought of this  :'(. This is a most likely conclusion. I think of a silly answers like Luna being an insane nut job or something  :-[. Lol.

rukdolphin

• Filly
    • View Profile
    • maxbet on mobile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »

It is unbelievable that it would happen. It is really unthinkable

KenryLee

• Filly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
This section is very good too. I'm reading a very good benefit.

Taribrill

• Filly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 03:09:42 AM »
I'm the edge in your mind. Show me something.

Deboyhoro

• Filly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:49:21 AM »
Visit us now praise the importance of the information available to it.

anything